Hi Testers, thank you for participating in a beta test of our new Studio!
What’s the plan?
We will open this group for at least a month for all testers to post bug reports and general feedback. Your insights will provide invaluable assistance in the fine-tuning of our studio before its official release in the coming months.
What’s new in the Studio?
We’ve made major changes from an architecture point of view so our new Studio has gained a major performance boost. More specifically, the new Studio is based on WebAssembly and is using components that are completely new in a browser. This helps us build a more powerful and stable Studio which in turn lets you create more demanding projects. While there are no new features added to the new Studio, this will facilitate any further improvements and added features in the future!
What should I do?
Make as many tracks as possible using our beta Studio: https://beta-studio.soundation.com (Important: Use this link only) on Chrome version 70. If you find any bugs in the process, please comment in this group with the information: What I did, what went wrong, what I expected + Operating system + Studio and Engine version
Is there anything I should be aware of?
Yes. Please find below more info on buffer size/latency and some known issues:
1. Buffer size vs. latency
• Increasing buffer size makes the Studio work more fluently, with less risk of glitches but with cost in latency (recommended for projects with long effect filter chains and/or many SendTo effect instances).
• Decreasing buffer size makes the Studio work with smaller latency but with cost in risk of glitches and fluency (recommended for simpler projects with shorten effect filter chains). Recommended buffer size is 512 or 1024.
• In case of complex projects and need of short latency, try to mute as many those channels which has the longest effect filter chains and then decrease buffer size to 256, 512.
2. Known bugs raised by testers (work in progress):
• Some presets of WubMachine (using Retrigger) differs in the beta studio
• The studio stops responding when used for a long time
3. Current Studio version 2.0.1 Engine version 1.7.1
4. Improvements added
• Import of flac
• Import of mp4 (including import of the AAC coded audio track from video mp4 file)
• Option to enable Turbo Mode to maximize CPU usage
What will I get?
In return for your help in scrutinizing our new Studio, you will get one item from our sound shop for free at the end of the testing period.
We really appreciate your time and feedback. If you have any questions feel free to post here. Now, have fun with our new Studio!
👉 Access the beta Studio here: https://beta-studio.soundation.com