Use Effect Channels
About Effect Channels
Effect Channel is a channel type that you can use to add effects to several or all of your tracks but still only use one effect chain.
You do this by ‘sending’ the sound of a channel to an effect channel using the “Send” effect. This is great for using the same overall effect sound without having to add and set up the same effects every time on every channel. It will also allow you to save precious CPU resources = more power to the other stuff!
Adding New Effect Channels
1. Click the “+ Add Channel” button in the top left corner and choose FX channel.
2. Add an effect that you want to apply to another track by clicking on the “+ Add effect” button. In this example, we’ll add reverb.
3. Go the audio or instrument channel you want to add the effect to and double-click to open a bottom panel. Click the “+ Add effect” button and select “Send” effect.
The drop-down menu will display all available effect channels in your project. Select “Effect channel” and your channel will now send the sound to it.
To change the name of the effect channel, just double-click on the channel and type a new name. For example, you can change the name of the channel to “Reverb” to keep track of all effect channels in your project.
When it comes to using effect channels, there aren’t any rules really. Try adding any effect you feel like adding and then start sending sounds to it the way we described above. Some of our effects have a Wet and Dry knob. When using them on Effect Channels we recommend turning Wet all the way up and Dry all the way down.
Send FX Knobs
1. Use the Send knob to change how much of the sound is sent to the Effect Channel.
2. Use the Send Pan if you wish to change the stereo position of the Send from Left, Center, to Right.
3. The Output knob sets the volume of the “dry” sound and the how much of it is sent to any effects inserted after the Send effect.
Share your creations and find help. Explore the community.
Got questions? Contact us at email@example.com. We’re always here to help. ⚡️