- Use the latest web technologies to provide an unmatched DAW experience in a browser environment
- Work autonomously together with a team of developers and designers to design, implement, review, test and optimize features and improvements across the entire product
- Work on any level(s) of the stack as necessary
- Work closely with the CTO and product management and be a part of the overall direction of the product and technology
- Learn new and develop existing skills in order to continuously improve design and architecture of the platform
- Create technical solutions for third party extensions to the product
We are boldly challenging the digital audio workstation (DAW) market by making the music studio web-based. By doing that we will democratize music-making and enable multiplayer collaboration and social music creation in a way not seen before.
Who you are:
- Do you produce music or use a DAW (as a hobby or professional), or are curious about it?
- At least 4 years of experience in an engineering role
- You are interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
- Experience with Ruby
- Experimented or more with WebAssembly and Emscripten
- Experimented or more with Web Audio API
- Experience with C/C++ or other lower level languages
- Production-level experience with AWS
- Experience with PostgreSQL or MongoDB
- Experience with Operational, e.g. ShareDB library
- Have a pragmatic and iterative mindset in order to efficiently find the best solution to high-level problems
- Consider code quality in your own work and others, taking initiative with improving the developer experience
- Take security and performance into account as a natural part of your work process
- Communicate and be transparent with the rest of the team
- Give and receive constructive feedback between other developers to ensure we learn as a team
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to grow and learn from knowledgeable co-workers
- The chance to be a part of the journey of building the future of music-making and collaboration
- Flexible work hours
- A fixed monthly salary plus options program
- 30 days vacation
- ITP 1 Pension plan
- Gym membership (e.g. SATS)
Soundation has a mix of on-site team members at our head office at Götgatan in Stockholm, Sweden, and distributed team members.