Soundation — make music without limits
Become a player in our band and join us on our journey to democratize music-making all over the world. Soundation is the leading browser-based music studio and has more than 150 thousand monthly active users.
We are now searching for a Backend Engineer with an interest in music production to help us deliver on our product vision. If you enjoy seeing hundreds of thousands of people running your code, and are looking for the next adventure in a startup, this is your time to shine.
Who you are:
- Have working knowledge of Ruby, Node.js, PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- At least 3 years of experience in an engineering role
- You are interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
- You produce music (as a hobby or professional) or are curious about it
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with a focus on high availability, low latency and scalability
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Build and operate infrastructure, toolset and deployment pipelines
- Production-level experience with AWS
- Curious about or have experimented with WebAssembly or Emscripten
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to grow and learn from knowledgeable co-workers
- The chance to be a part of the journey of building the future of music-making and collaboration
- Flexible work hours
- A fixed monthly salary plus options program
- 30 days vacation
- ITP 1 Pension plan
- Gym membership (e.g. SATS)
5 things to do in Soundation
High performance engine
Soundation’s development team has worked closely with Google’s WebAssembly and WebAudio teams, to build one of the most powerful web apps out there and increased the performance with 320%. We have started on the journey to of closing the gap towards professional music production tools.
Professional plugins from Reason Studios
In fall 2020 we’ll be launching the world’s first online host for Rack Extensions, the plugin format developed by Reason Studios, which will enable professional plugin in an online studio. The first plugin will be Europa, but have more than 500 plugins that are next in line.