You will design and develop the audio engine used in our next-generation music studio. The engine is written in C++, which is compiled to WebAssembly for use by the studio frontend. In your role, you will implement new features from our roadmap, make improvements to the general architecture as well as technical improvements based on advances in the field, optimize resource usage, and sync with the chromium team and other external parties.
We are boldly challenging the digital audio workstation (DAW) market by making the music studio web-based. By doing that we will democratize music-making and enable multiplayer collaboration and social music creation in a way not seen before.
Who you are:
- Have working knowledge of C++
- At least 5 years of experience in an engineering role
- Experience developing near-real-time systems (f.i. in audio, video, games)
- Experience working with threads
- You are interested in keeping up with current best practices
- You produce music (as a hobby or professional) or are curious about it
- Experience developing on Linux and for Docker
- You have developed a plugin (VST, AU, AAX…)
- Interest in DSP
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to grow and learn from knowledgeable co-workers
- The chance to be a part of the journey of building the future of music-making and collaboration
- Flexible work hours
- A fixed monthly salary plus options program
- 30 days vacation
- ITP 1 Pension plan
- Gym membership (e.g. SATS)